Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Oh Baby...

Baby Riley is growing...fast! Kelly took me to the mall to buy some maternity clothes necessities b/c I was running out of pants to wear....the belly band and the little elastic button extender have become futile attempts at making my pre-pregnancy clothes fit. (sigh). I had an appointment yesterday and all looked well. Riley had a heart rate of 152 beats per minute. They did an ultrasound and confirmed that she was, indeed, still a girl. Good news considering all of the pink in her closet. I've gained about 14 lbs so far, and my blood pressure has remained 112/60. I have the 28 week gestational diabetes test at the next prenatal visit on Oct 26th. I think she is laying on my sciatic nerve as I've been having numbness and the feeling of a "dead leg" on my upper left leg. I mentioned it to my doctor, but she didn't seem to be concerned at all. Other than that, all is well. Here is a picture at 24 weeks.
Kelly and I had a chance to go to the Clemson vs. TCU game with one of our friends, Drew, this past weekend. It was tons of fun, but we did endure a downpour during the second half. There's nothing like trudging back to your car after adding about 10 lbs due to soaking wet clothes :). Drew had never been to Clemson so we took him around and took pictures with Howard's Rock.
Also last week, Kelly and I celebrated Christmas in September. I had been telling him how much I was ready for Christmas lights, music, movies, cider, and s'mores to make a return. I absolutely adore those little traditions....So on our weekly "date night." Kelly prepared just that. First we went out to dinner, then we came back to the house to lay on the couch in our pajamas, watch a movie, all while sipping hot cider and s'mores made over the stove (by the way, i do a much better job of toasting marshmallows over the stove than over an open flame). mmm. Is it Christmas yet?

We make our first travel trip w/ the swim team this season on Friday. We will be heading up to Virginia Military Institute. Thankfully Kelly gets to come along on this trip.

1 comment:

  1. You look FANTASTIC! Yay for a picture finally! Don't worry about the clothes, just buy some cute new maternity clothes and wear them proudly. Show off that bump and use it to your advantage. :) Don't worry about the tingling. I had the same thing on the anterior portion of my right thigh. It happened quite a few times and it felt kind of like the whole thing was injected with novacaine or something. It will go away eventually...try to relax and elevate your legs when it bothers you so that the pressure is relieved from the nerve. Hope you guys are doing great!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete