Friday night Kel and I met up w/ some college friends and hung out in downtown Greenville. We ate at Sticky Fingers, then walked Falls Park, and ended up at Coffee Underground. I will forever associate Coffee Underground with my college experience...so many weekends were spent sipping coffee and eating dessert at this establishment. I went with the Strawberry Cake...a pretty sure bet. Second only to the Bailey's Cheesecake.
Saturday was fabulously uneventful. First we slept in until 10:45 and then ate a "real" breakfast (bacon, eggs, and toast). Typical breakfast in our house generally consists of cereal, so this was a treat :). Next we decided that since we have to pay HOA dues of $375 a year we might as well use the neighborhood pool so we soaked up the sunshine and immersed ourselves in a good book. I'm currently reading My Sister's Keeper and so far it has exceeded my expectations (I'm only halfway through). The afternoon concluded with a nap (for me), and a good game of Scrabble (which i dominated), and then we curled up and watched a movie. Ahhhh. I love my life.
Today was, once again, a perfect Sunday at NewSpring. The message consisted of many video clips of real life stories of how God has been impacting families in our church. It was so encouraging for me b/c I think it's easy to dwell on all the really cool things God did in the past, but lose sight of the fact that this same God is still active and evident in people's every day lives today. I think we tend to chalk many things up to coincidence instead of recognizing them as a work of God.
So...TRUE STORY... we left church and I was telling Kelly all of this. We decided that we'd cap off our wonderful weekend with a trip to my favorite restaurant...Miyabi Japanese Steakhouse. We come in and get seated next to a large family who is celebrating a daughter's birthday. After we eat, the waiter never brings us our bill so I ask, "Excuse me sir, can we have our check?" ...and he tells me that this family that we're sitting with has picked up our tab. Kelly and I both look totally confused, I'm sure. I finally look up at the father and say "What? Are you serious? Thank you sooo much!" and he walks over to us and shakes our hand and says, "While you guys prayed for your food, God really impressed upon me that I was supposed to pay for your lunch. I definitely want to listen when God speaks." WOW. Seriously?. God is still active and evident in people's every day lives. Thank you sir for this very tangible reminder.
No comments:
Post a Comment